Terms & Conditions Segway PT Isle of Man
Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of this document, the following definitions apply:
- "Us" / "We" / "Our" refers to Segway PT Isle of Man.
- "Segway PT" / "Segway PTs" refer to the Segway Personal Transporters utilised by Segway PT Isle of Man.
- "Segway Experience" refers to any of the activities offered by Segway PT Isle of Man involving the use of Segway PTs. This includes preparation, training and actual time spent on a Segway PT.
- "Instructor" / "Guide" refers to employees of Segway PT Isle of Man who provide training in the operation of the Segway PTs and or whom deliver any of the Segway Experiences offered by Segway PT Isle of Man.
- "You" / "Your" refers to the person making a booking for a Segway Experience, any person signing these terms and conditions and any person purchasing goods, services or renting Segway PTs from Segway PT Isle of Man.
- "Rider" refers to every person who participates in a Segway Experience offered by Segway PT Isle of Man.
- When You make a booking for a Segway Experience with Us, You must read, understand and agree to all of the terms and conditions in this document
- If You are booking on behalf of others, You are responsible for ensuring that they agree to all of the terms and conditions in this document
- All Riders must sign a printed disclaimer http://www.segway.im/disclaimer.pdf stating that they have read and understood these terms and conditions before they will be permitted to participate in any of Our Segway Experiences.
- If a Rider does not agree to these terms and conditions, their booking will be terminated as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy.
3.0 GENERAL TERMS
- Segway Experiences will operate in almost all kinds of weather; however, We reserve the right to cancel a booking if We consider the weather conditions adverse enough to affect the safety of Our Riders. If in any doubt, contact Us on the day of Your scheduled booking.
- If a Rider arrives late or does not turn up at all, their booking will be terminated as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy.
- If a Rider or group of Riders arrive late, and they are the only riders for a particular booking, at Our discretion, the booking may proceed - but for a reduced duration equivalent to the remainder of the allotted time.
- Any photographs or video material captured by Us during any of Our Segway Experiences may be used by Us for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, publication on Our website and/or Facebook page.
- The duration quoted for any Segway Experience is approximate and may vary depending on group size, ability and pace.
- The distance quoted for any Segway Experience is approximate and is limited by the quoted duration.
- Segway Experiences will end when the quoted duration is reached, except when terminated as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
4.0 RIDER REQUIREMENTS
Riders failing to meet any of the following requirements will not be able to participate in any part of Our Segway Experiences and will be subject to the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy - any queries should be raised before bookings are made:
- Riders must be at least 10 years of age.
- Riders aged 10-15 must be accompanied by a Rider aged 18 or above. The accompanying rider, who is aged 18 or above, must assume legal responsibility for the Riders aged 10-15. Unaccompanied Riders under the age of 16 will have their booking terminated, as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy.
- Riders must weigh at least 33KG (approximately 5 stone 4lbs.
- Riders must be no heavier than 110KG (approximately 18 stone.
- Riders must wear a helmet. Helmets will be provided but Riders may bring along their own providing it meets recognised safety standards.
- Riders must wear suitable footwear (e.g. trainers or comfortable shoes) and clothing.
- Riders must be able to stand for the duration of their Segway Experience without stopping (for toilet breaks, rests etc.).
- Riders must be able to step on-to and off the base of their Segway PT unassisted (following training). The step is approximately 8 inches / 20 CM tall.
- Riders must be able to lean from side-to-side and forwards and backwards, whilst standing upright on their Segway PT.
- Riders must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Riders must have adequate vision in order to safely operate a Segway PT, which can move at speeds up to 12.5MPH, and must wear any prescribed glasses where appropriate.
- Riders must have adequate hearing (or assisted hearing) or be otherwise able to understand and respond to instructions from Us.
- Riders must speak/understand English in order to respond to instructions from Us. Non-English speaking Riders will need to be accompanied by a translator.
- Riders must inform their Instructor of any impairments which may affect their safety before participating in a Segway Experience.
- Pregnant women or people with back injuries and or other serious health problems should not participate in any of Our Segway Experiences.
5.0 ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Inappropriate behaviour will result in the offending Rider's Segway Experience being terminated, as per the standard Termination/Cancellation Policy:
- We have a zero tolerance policy concerning any verbal or physical abuse against Our employees, customers, equipment, operating environment and any third parties who may be present. This includes but is not limited to aggressive, dangerous and intimidating behaviour or language.
- Riders are not permitted to smoke at any time whilst operating a Segway PT.
- Riders are not permitted to use mobile phones, cameras or recording equipment whilst operating a Segway PT, unless the Segway PT is stationary
- Riders are not permitted to stop, fall behind, or hinder the group's progress in order to make use of their mobile phones, cameras or recording equipment. The group will stop at several safe locations and any other requests should be agreed with the Guide.
- Riders must not drop litter at any time during their Segway Experience.
- Riders must follow the instructions of their Guide - at all times - relating to all aspects of their Segway Experience.